Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday, Monday


Well, we managed to make it through all the snow of last week- wow! We got hammered- much more than any other area I have visited this weekend. The weather forecast sounded happier for this week until it came, and now it is still dreary and snowier. We just keep busy by baking cookies- they look good, taste good, and make the house warm and smell good!


Nolan is finally feeling better and now Matthew is not well. John has gotten the flu bug too- the more the merrier I guess. That is one of those things when you have a big family, or any family really! Hopefully, I can get Matthew into the doctor today- he wound up with a terrible, horrible diaper rash- poor little man!


Good news in my world- grandma and grandpa are home from Florida! Hooray! They returned yesterday in the late afternoon. You can bet we were there shortly after they arrived. It was nice. My kids were so super excited. Nolan had been waiting every day last week for them to get back! Em asked when they are returning to Florida and I told her after Christmas. She then replied that with that the case, she hopes Christmas doesn't come for a long time! Too sweet!


We have met another parenting struggle... homework!!! We fought with Em all weekend to get it done. She cried, dragged her feet, bawled, stomped her feet, etc. The whole works. She reported to me that she spends all dayin school and is never home, except to eat and sleep. She said she certainly doesn't want to do homework all weekend. I can't say that I blame her. We ended up not getting it all done, but I did send a letter to her teacher to send work home daily instead of all on the weekend. Any thoughts on dealing with this issue?!!?


So, here is a big week- the week of Turkey Day! It seems so late this year, but it is fun because Black Friday is the next day!! Love shopping on that day- so fun and such a rush!


Have a great week all. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Karen Sue said...

hey dar baby!!
glad to see you weathered the storm. As long as there are cookie ingredients, bring on the snow! We have been the homework grind 4xs over and I don't have a good solution. It seems at an age, the just do TONS of repetition and I guess that is so you know things without having to think about them. Like when we learned times tables and add and 'take aways'..oh the teachers hated it when you said take away!! Bert hates to color really, so anything he had to color remained undone until the bitter end. Andrea got out the crayons and a coloring book a weekend or 2 ago, but don't tell any of her cool friends!! I think she just finds it relaxing and kind of artsy. Stay warm!!
K

dar-momof5 said...

The homework thing is a problem. I am trying different things with her. She even has it over this long weekend, but I will let her enjoy Thanksgiving before I bring up that sore subject. It takes a long time to do it... mostly easy stuff like coloring. The easy stuff bothers her, shall I say it bores her! I can understand from a mom, teacher, and child perspective. We just need to come up with a system! I love to color- I do find it to be relaxing and calming. I will often times grab the crayons and join in when the kids color. Go Andrea- I wouldn't tell, yet I would recommend coloring to the cool friends due to its many positive characteristics! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...and stay warm!