Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random thoughts...

This week is going so quickly, yet it seems I am accomplishing nothing.

Let's see what is new this week...

Em is so happy as her father reported to her that she can keep this wild beast of a dog, Buddy, that we have if she will take responsibility with him and the cat. She seems so much more relieved and happy. As much as I don't like the dog, it is nice to see Em happy and relaxed. She just loves that stupid dog!!?!

Can't believe I stayed up to watch the debate last night- more of the same.

Halloween is coming quick and I am out for costumes. Em wants to be a pig, Nolan is a horse, Matthew will probably be a cow, and who knows what Jackson will decide. I thought that was cute- the farm animals theme. I have looked at Walmart and Target for costumes, but if you don't want a commercial character, there is not much there. I considered making the costumes, but the necessary items I located are more expensive than just buying one! This is my number one mommy frustration for this holiday! Any suggestions?!

A new Grey's and ER are on tonight- love those shows!

Hunting starts this weekend, so we'll be here a lot without John. With any luck, he'll get a deer on opening day! :)

Today is Daisy Girl Scout Registration. I am looking forward to this adventure. I was the assistant leader two years ago, but didn't after Matthew was born. Em wants to join this year, so I said yes when asked. Wonder how many girls we'll get to register and be in our troop this year!??! One more of those volunteer mommy things I can do now that I am an at-home-mommy! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful end to the week and enjoy this weekend. Nothing big planned here.

3 comments:

Karen Sue said...

I have found cute outfits at Old Navy sometimes that were as cheap or cheaper than the wally ones... you could maybe go online or give them a call to see if they have them. One of my favorite easy ones is a bat with a wing sewed from the sleeve to the body of a black hoodie and some bat ears on top of the hoodie... you could do that with several birds or make a chicken one with the thing on top... you know what I mean... the comb!! I actually ordered a Chicken Little hat from poptarts one time and it is really funny!! If I am making costumes, the material comes from the bargain section of joanne's or is an incredible deal... I think you can build quite a bit on a hoody and then take off if you want and you have the hoody to wear all the time, or save it for the next... and I am happy to hear about the girl!! I hadn't heard since you had the ruling!!

dar-momof5 said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I am heading to Lakewood next week- hope there is still something there when I get there! Party City is out and is not getting new costumes in- it is still early I would think! THANKS for the ideas! :)

Karen Sue said...

I check here all the time to see what's up... Keep writin' and dreamin' .. it's good for your soul. and remember to choose to be happy!! That one is easier said than done some days!!