Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday!

Greetings, Friends!

So, it is another week. So far, so good!

Well, I have decided to venture into a new realm- I am making my childrens' Halloween costumes this year. I went and got some supplies Saturday, but have not began creating them yet. Em is a pig, Nolan is a horse, Matthew is a calf, and Jackson is the farmer! You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a full sweatsuit, especially one with a hoodie! But, I think I have found enough "stuff" to improvise. Wish me luck... we're down to 10 days! The kids just figured out this morning how close Halloween is and are now very excited! (Honestly, this is my least favorite day.)

So, I decided to make a pumpkin pie last night- my first time making pumpkin. I guess I need to continue trying before sharing with anyone other than the kids! :) Em commented that it wasn't done, while Jackson was concerned b/c I didn't have the white stuff (Cool-Whip) on top. Too funny. It tastes OK, but not superb yet. I better stick to apple- I can make an awesome apple!

Baby Boy is now 10 months and just getting his 5th tooth. He is so cute. I love this age- he is more independent and is learning to talk. Nothing is sweeter music to my ears than hearing the "mamama" coming down the hall to me! What a lovebug! Baby Girl is now 24 weeks along- about 16 more weeks and she will be here. Em is getting so excited. I love being pregnant and am in no hurry (plus the baby is much easier to take care of inside!). Every morning when I wake up I thank Him above that I get this opportunity once again, yet I get upset with the realization that this is probably my last time. It is fun now b/c she is becoming more and more active- kicking, moving, and all. John felt the kick for the first time last night- it was special. I think it was also a reminder that we have SSSSOOO much to do in four months, but we need to get in gear! :)

I am enjoying being home with the kids versus at work. I miss the paycheck, don't get me wrong about that, but the rewards I am recieving are nothing in comparison. I finally know my chidren's schedules better than the babysitter (sad, but true). They are very happy. We have a little more time to do fun things. Em and I read a whole Junie B. Jones book last night- that was nice and enjoyable for the two of us. Plus, bedtime is much more relaxed and the kids have actually pretty much taken over the routine. I am only there to facilitate, instead of instruct and direct them- much nicer for all of us now.

The weather was beautiful yesterday, so Jack and Nolie were outdoors from the time Jackson got off the bus at noon until dinnertime. Today it has taken a turn and is windy and cold, but we must face the fact that wicked weather is nearing. We've been pretty lucky so far this year!

I guess that is about it for now. I am sure I will have more to "blog" about later this week!

2 comments:

Karen Sue said...

You Go Girl- Enjoy Life...
From the time I had kids, I opted for part-time with flexible schedule. I have a little more control that way. I came to this party with 3 kids and felt is necessary to help out financially with that. It is frustrating sometimes to be 46 and not get a paid vacation, but it is something I can live with. I have time for that later, if the need arises, but if the book work keeps building, I can also be working from home part of it and that would be great! I enjoy hearing about your family and your doings.. post it all. Keep up the pies thing. I never thought I couldn't, but haven't in so long, I should get at it again. A pie, good or bad,here wouldn't last long here and I could just try again!! Soup experiments is my cold weather thing... in the crockpot.

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun to be home with the kids?!? There's always time to work later, since they grow up way too fast. Glad to hear about your experiments with pies and sewing/making costumes...I'm definitely impressed (as I'm sure your hubby is too!) Gotta get together soon...Mindy